Monday, January 24, 2011

Simple fragments of...

 During my childhood years, we would always share/ eat big breakfast every morning. Inang Maria would always make simple garlic fried rice, fried eggs or omelette, fried sweet pork sausages with Asian spices and fried sweet plantains... She would also prepare my mom's special "TAPA" it's a homemade dried salted beef. I could almost hear the undeterred pounding sound made against the back of the big iron knife and wooden chopping board made from cuttings from a fallen Mango or Santol or Acasia tree. The remaining natural oil from the wood mixed with the aroma of just perfectly fried TAPA could instigate a hungry growl from my tummy... Glad I had those years and moments.
For I considered those simple fragments of my childhood days  priceless...or shall I say delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    In this stream lined age, these simple fragments of priceless childhood memories help us to hang together in mind body and soul to give a meaning to our purpose in life. It's a nicely written article to commemorate the significance of those days and of people who made it an enchanting experience for us. What a fine way to offer tribute!!! My impulses are stirred too.

    ReplyDelete