Thursday, February 24, 2011

Until we meet...

To the wind---I give you my final breath
For I've stayed on this earth for too long
My mortal self weary and shriveled
But not my heart nor my spirit
The heart does not die
 For with it the memory of one true love shall remain.

My eyesight may have dwindled
Or may have faded through the years
But the heart could see far beyond and more
Just like the  rusty strings that had been silenced,
But could still reverberate at the slightest of touch.

As I stand here unmoved
Like the ancient trees of the past
Hands outstreched like the barren branches
Waiting for the final remaining leaf to fall
To be with the rest of the withered leaves
Lay scattered on the ground---forgotten.

With them, I shall be one
Not sad nor remorseful
For I know I have lived and loved
A life not wasted at all
Until my last breath, my love
Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment